Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Christmas Cards sizes. #1


As promised I will try to give you some details on the sizes of the cards and layers from Christmas Cards cartridge. My first card was the one with the bird on a branch that says Peace on it. As you already know most seasonal carts has layers for one image placed in a row on the overlay. So I decided to make a 4.25 inch card and cut all 5 layers (going from the top to the bottom) in row #7 (they look like square, bird, word, branch and the card base).

The only thing I did not like that the first layer (square) which I wanted to look like a mat actually was cut at 4.25 and covered the whole surface of the card base. The other thing that I noticed that the card base itself has a cute little trim on it so I would not recommend cutting a regular square card on your trimmer. I would rather cut the card base 0.25 inch larger that all the other layers.

The bottom of the card looked kind of plain so I tied some ribbon and added stickles to the berries and beak.

This is a good size for all cuts not to tear and it fits in A2 envelope.

To be continued with other cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment